|Google Map:||Google Location Map|
|Seating Plan:||Seating Plan|
|Tube Station:||Leicester Square|
|Parking:||MasterPark at Trafalgar Square and Whitcomb Street. NCP at St Martin’s Lane. 3 parking meters within 50m of main entrance.|
Powered by Transport for London
Guide dogs are allowed inside the auditorium, or staff can dog-sit if preferred. Maximum of 4 guide dogs per peformance. You will be seated in an aisle seat. Provisions vary depending on production and customer requirements please check when booking..
Dual channel infra-red system with 2 headsets. This covers the whole auditorium except the front boxes. Headsets available from cloakroom. Portable induction loop at Box Office.
2 spaces for wheelchair users in the third row of the Royal Circle at C23 and C1. Transfer seating at D18 and D1. Wheelchairs stored in the cloakroom in the foyer or in the Royal Circle if there is room. Maximum of 2 wheelchair transferees and 1 scooter per performance.
Adapted toilet at the back of the Royal Circle, on the right. The turning space is quite tight.
No steps from the street through 2 sets of swing doors into the foyer. Box Office is straight ahead. No steps to row D of Royal Circle, then 2 steps between each row. Staircases have handrails on both sides and all steps are highlighted. 20 steps down to Stalls and 23 up to Upper Circle (2 steps between rows in the Upper Circle).
|Owner:||Ambassador Theatre Group|
The Duke of York's Theatre was designed and built by Walter Emden for Frank Wyatt and his wife, Violet Melnotte. It opened on 10 September 1892 and was initially called the Trafalgar Square Theatre due to its proximity to Trafalgar Square. The name was shortened to Trafalgar in 1894 and the following year became the Duke of York's to honour the future King George V. In the late 1970s the freehold of the theatre was purchased by Capital Radio and it closed in 1979 for refurbishment, finally reopening in February 1980. The Ambassador Theatre Group bought the theatre in 1992.